Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Big, Big Day !!






Rex and I spent a wonderful day together. It is amazing how well you get to know a child when you spend 24 hours with them and since I will be spending the next 36 hours with Rex, he and I will know each other very, very well. Here are a few things I have always known about Rex but after today, there is no doubt in my mind:
1.Rex loves chocolate. (He ate a whole chocolate chip cookie, chocolate milk and the hotel keeps leaving him chocolate everytime we leave the room and he hoards it under his pillow or in his pocket)
2. Rex loves other kids. (He has made friends with other kids in line for rides and also made friends with some kids in the pool--they were even girls- He also watches kids and pays attention to what others are doing or saying)
3. Rex is pretty much always in motion. (He runs, climbs on planter boxes, does cartwheels on the sidewalk with crowds all around, climbs on guard rails while waiting in lines and dives and jumps in the pool continually)
4. Rex goes from running to tired in a matter of seconds ( I could tell the very second he was tired and we needed to head back to the hotel for a rest)
5. Rex likes to watch for awhile and check things out before becoming involved (We had a front row view of the Jedi Camp; he wanted to watch to see how that went before becoming involved)
6. Rex has a great sense of humor (tonight, after coming back to the hotel, he said to me, "When I am older and I can bring Lucy to Disneyland myself, I'm not going to let her do any of that Princess Stuff."- good perspective !! ) We have laughed a lot today !!
7. Rex is a bit of a shopper and has opinions on what should be purchased (He knows what things he wants and he knows what Lucy needs, already has and wouldn't like, he also picks things out for Ike that HE likes such as sharp,dangerous swords)
8. Rex is a COOL KID (He doesn't want to see the Disney Characters; not to mention eat with any of them , He doesn't want to wear any mouse ears or have his picture taken in any Photo Spots- Kodak Moment Locations)
9.Rex is ALL BOY- (I've never seen him look more uncomfortable and bored as when we entered Libby Lu- a very GIRLY store -to look for something for Lucy and Tenley.)

Rex's Favorites Today (per him): Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn and eating cereal.

This morning...We went right over to Disneyland at opening on the monorail and he chose the rides and called the shots the entire day. We started with Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, Star Wars or Tours, Jedi Camp, Alice in Wonderland, the Carousel, Dumbo, we then returned to the Hotel for a swim and then back to go on Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Peter Pan, the Rockets and finished with Buzz Lightyear again.We tried to get on Indiana Jones but Rex is a few inches too short. We are both tired but we have a big day planned tomorrow --to go to the Coder's Conference to see Reed's presentation and his Comedy Routine produced by Johnnie Bisquit and then to California Adventure. Reed is trying to schedule his meetings for morning so he can join us in the afternoon for awhile. Rex fell asleep quite awhile ago but he informed me that he will be up REALLY EARLY in the morning.

4 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Julie, what a cute post. Making me tear up a little to see this guy, so far away from us. I'm very glad he's in such good, loving hands. You are a great Grandma!

Macy said...

oh my goodness. That kid!! What a day you have both had. I hope appreciates what great grandparents you are!

Bethers said...

Isn't Libby Lu amazing?! It was our girl's favorite place. They had a makeover but Easton and the guys didn't put one foot inside, instead Easton and his grandpa picked out a fun pirate hat.

The Back Row Pew said...

I'm not sure about that Libby Lu place. It was a bit Prissy and Princess..and "I am the Queen of Everything" ish for me. I did pick up a thing or two but it was a bit goopy for me but of course I was with the Boy of Boys .....let's see what happens when I have Lucy, Tenley, Molly or Ashton ??