Monday, September 10, 2007
We Arrived but We Lost Monday
We left Salt Lake City at 9:30 AM Sunday Morning and arrived in Dehli on Monday night at 8:30PM...It was a very long flight and I found myself saying, "Are we there yet?" The service was wonderful in First Class...Seats that you could curl up in, lots of leg room, 5 course meals, small TV's with movies or music and anything you wanted they would get for you. We tried not to sleep so that we would be tired when we arrived but I did nap a couple of hours. We read, listened to our I-Pods, watched mindless movies and just chatted. We totally lost a day. We arrived in Dehli to hot dry air, an airport that looked like it hadn't been updated since 1940 and a wierd smell...but our guides, Raju and Puneeta are about as nice as anyone could be and they picked us up, gave us fresh Jasmine lays and took us to our hotel, which is very nice. We are up early in the morning (5:00 AM) for a flight to Chennai in Southern India. We will be there two days and Raju will be with us the entire time. Puneeta will be joining us for the trip to Agra to the Taj Mahal on the weekend. It has been a great start. More to Come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, sounds like you are being well taken care of. I hope you get to see some of the more common sides of India too and not just how the royalty live.
Glad you made and so is Glo. She called this morning wanting me to check my email to see if you had written yet. I am glad you had or I think I would have gotten calls every 10 minutes until you did. Have so much fun and keep us updated on your fancy trip!
How fun Jue! Keep the posts coming!
Yes! I like this communication. It will relieve Glo who is on extra medication, but don't worry we are trying to keep her busy. I hope you can share pictures too. This is a once in a life time trip!!
Post a Comment