No ...it was a shock and I could never put milk on my l because I knew it was the milk of the water buffalo...they believe the cow is sacred and they cannot use any part of it for food so they milk the water buffalo. There were so many things we didn't dare eat but we soon found things we could like chocolate croissants and Indian Bread and desserts.
I live in Agra and I love the life here....as for the cows...they stand on the roads for hours at a stretch..cars inch past them but no one tries to put them off the street...we usually drive around them ;)....yes..we believe the cow is sacred...so we don't eat them....but we do milk them....Even though the traffic conditions in Agra are awful..I think that Agra's a beautiful city...You come to Agra and you'll see India as it is....vibrant..developing...I hope you enjoyed your stay here...
Welcome to Reed and Julie's blog. We have a great life that is forever changing. Since all our children have flown the coop, we can eat, go out, golf, shop or do just about anything we like. It's a wonderful time of life. Here are just a few of our adventures.
7 comments:
Did you get used to the water buffalo in the streets???
So poor! Such a contrast to the Taj.
No ...it was a shock and I could never put milk on my l because I knew it was the milk of the water buffalo...they believe the cow is sacred and they cannot use any part of it for food so they milk the water buffalo. There were so many things we didn't dare eat but we soon found things we could like chocolate croissants and Indian Bread and desserts.
the word I left out was cereal...I couldn't put milk on my cereal
We are sad you didn't bring us home a monkey! So different...looks so neat!
I can't believe the cows in the street. And the monkeys sitting on the wall.
I live in Agra and I love the life here....as for the cows...they stand on the roads for hours at a stretch..cars inch past them but no one tries to put them off the street...we usually drive around them ;)....yes..we believe the cow is sacred...so we don't eat them....but we do milk them....Even though the traffic conditions in Agra are awful..I think that Agra's a beautiful city...You come to Agra and you'll see India as it is....vibrant..developing...I hope you enjoyed your stay here...
Post a Comment