Rex, Lucy and Ike came for a sleep-over last night. Their parents had late night committments and Reed was in Houston, so I was the sole provider for a four,a three and an almost two. It was also Lucy's birthday so we planned something special. The four of us started our celbration by attending a carnival at Washington Elementary in Bountiful. After eating hot dogs, riding on blow up slides and jumping on inflated trampolines we headed to Kaysville where we spent a couple of evening hours in the pool. We then had a second dinner of chicken tenders, fries, and mini pizzas followed by Barbie Cupcakes. (Rex and Lucy kept saying that this was the yummiest dinner and Thank You Amma for the great food !!) We put on jammies and watched Alice in Wonderland which was just as I remembered....strange. Everyone went right to bed and slept so soundly until 3:00 AM when Ike called out "I Want Mama" for about 15 minutes. I went to get him and put him in bed with me where he settled in and slept the rest of the night. After a breakfast of very sugary cereal they wanted to swim again. Getting three children ready for the pool is quite a task. Swim Diapers, Swim Suits, Towels out, Life Vests on, pool toys out.... we finally got in. After swimming they played with toys and Lucy and Ike played the, "If it's yours, I want it game." They have both become quite territorial. We read books, jumped on the furniture,golfed in the house,rode on bikes,climbed on the rocks and had cereal again for lunch. It was a great time for me to play with three little grandchildren without adult supervision.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Sleep-Over Friday...
Rex, Lucy and Ike came for a sleep-over last night. Their parents had late night committments and Reed was in Houston, so I was the sole provider for a four,a three and an almost two. It was also Lucy's birthday so we planned something special. The four of us started our celbration by attending a carnival at Washington Elementary in Bountiful. After eating hot dogs, riding on blow up slides and jumping on inflated trampolines we headed to Kaysville where we spent a couple of evening hours in the pool. We then had a second dinner of chicken tenders, fries, and mini pizzas followed by Barbie Cupcakes. (Rex and Lucy kept saying that this was the yummiest dinner and Thank You Amma for the great food !!) We put on jammies and watched Alice in Wonderland which was just as I remembered....strange. Everyone went right to bed and slept so soundly until 3:00 AM when Ike called out "I Want Mama" for about 15 minutes. I went to get him and put him in bed with me where he settled in and slept the rest of the night. After a breakfast of very sugary cereal they wanted to swim again. Getting three children ready for the pool is quite a task. Swim Diapers, Swim Suits, Towels out, Life Vests on, pool toys out.... we finally got in. After swimming they played with toys and Lucy and Ike played the, "If it's yours, I want it game." They have both become quite territorial. We read books, jumped on the furniture,golfed in the house,rode on bikes,climbed on the rocks and had cereal again for lunch. It was a great time for me to play with three little grandchildren without adult supervision.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a chore!! Thanks again, Julie for making a peaceful evening possible on my birthday. We owe you big time!
Ike told us he had Cereal for Lunch and we said no, thats for breakfast, what did you have for lunch? The crazy, fun things they do at Ommas!! Thank you so much! We were able to have a peaceful evening for a change and send all the chaos to your house!!
oh that last one was from Molly...I forgot to sign randy out!
Julie it sounds like a fun time for the cousins! It made me think of the slumber parties at Glos!Especially the sugar cereal!
oh my gosh, what is going on? Ike is huge! He looks so old in those pics! Sad. Looks fun, sounds exhuasting!
It usually takes Michael and I to tend, so props to you Julie for making it so much fun on your own!
Like I always say, being a grandma is NOT for wimps.
Bethers
wow well the boys were having a lot more fun than lucy at least as the pictures posted viewed but Im sure jewels you had the most fun. Thanks for the gift Kels and I really appreciate it
Post a Comment