Friday, December 27, 2013

Day After Boxing Day...

After a Three-Day- Holiday, (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day), things are back to normal here in Manchester England.  I spent the morning with two cute Young Single Adults (Betsy from Salt Lake and Rachel from here in Ashton) shopping in preparation for the New Year's Eve Dance coming up next Tuesday night. We made several stops while they picked up decorations and food for this event. They expect about a hundred YSA's.
Reed spent the morning at the Bank (They now know him on first name basis there) the Post office, picking up a package.  We were excited to receive a box from our kids (along with other surprises from Ali last week) They sent all the comforts of home (see below)  Reed also met with the Bishop and Ward Mission Leader along with Mauro and the Sister Missionaries. Mauro will be baptized tomorrow.  I am speaking. (Good thing I spoke at a few grandkid's baptisms) There is a baptism here almost every week.
                                  


We broke down and bought a new bed which will be delivered on Monday. There are many reasons why I like my husband but one of them is that he takes good care of us.  The couple that follows us will be grateful that we purchased this.


Big News of the Day!  I drove 2 miles to Asda (grocery store) to pick up some Salsa. It was my first solo trip.  I did pretty well. 



AND…I was quite proud of myself!!

No comments: