Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We've Been Ridin on the Railroad All the Liv Long Day....












Utah's Commuter Rail, the Front Runner, had it's debut this past week. Rex, Lucy, Ike and I couldn't let the opportunity pass for an outing. I rode the train from Farmington to Salt Lake where Molly met me at the station with the kids. We then rode the train back to Farmington and paid a visit to McDonalds and had some playtime and a rest stop at our house.
I tried to talk them into letting me drive them back to Salt Lake in the car....it would have been faster, easier and less hassle, but by unanimous vote, we got back on the train and rode back to Salt Lake. I'm very glad we did. They saw some sights from the window that they hadn't seen before.(other trains close up, sketchy neighborhoods and houses, the Gateway from the back side, the B and V on the mountain -or the L if you are Ike and you tip your head to the side) They got very excited when the train sped at 80 down the track and noticed when we slowed down. They talked to a lot of interesting people as we crowded onto the trains. Macy met us at the end of the line to take three tired, happy children home. I was also happy to see Reed in a car who was there to drive me home.

7 comments:

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

What a fun outing, Julie. And great pictures too. You're a fun grandma.

Why did Rex come home convinced that the train has three levels? They had a great time!

Molly said...

Thank you mom for doing that! Ike is still talking about it...he was so excited and I love seeing the pictures. What funny kids! Why are they covering their ears and I love the picture of them looking out the window! It was fun to drop them off...felt like we lived in a big city for a minute!

The Back Row Pew said...

Ry...Rex is right. The train is sort of a bi-level or split entry train.
Molls...Ike is covering his ears because the BIG CARGO trains did some very loud whistling as they passed.

Bethers said...

I took this with some of my teachers to a conference in SLC and then home on it. It was fun...I really want to take my grandkids next.

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

What a fun Oma!! I can't believe you rode that train that many times in one day...you will probably never want to get back on. That is urban living I tell you, urban living. You need to tell Ali!!

BTW, this is macy

Carly said...

Ikey is such a Johnston, he looks like baby micah/ian to me. I like that they were able to see "the sketchy neighborhoods and houses"...lol. You are a good grandma for taking the train 3 times in one day.

GeNee said...

What cute pictures. Darling kids and a beautiful grandma. I hope I can soon ride the train.