Reed and I spent a very busy few days in Orlando for the National AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)Conference. I hadn't been to Orlando since my 4-yr-in- a-row Cheerleading/Drill Team National Championship Days with Ali and Molly. We stayed at the wonderful Gaylord Palms that luckily had a glass dome over the entire facility to keep the heat and humidity out. We stayed in the Presidential Suite and were treated to great service including complimentary breakfast and 5 phone calls each day to see how we were doing. Yes...there were alligators in the Gardens of the hotel; granted they were 2 feet but they were still there and kind of freaked me out thinking about them down there. I noticed the bars of the fencing were close so they couldn't escape but I still thought about them. Reed did a wonderful job on his keynote address and I took advantage of the time to relax, swim in the pool, visit the spa and just enjoy the luxurious accommodations. Only Ali and Rex have experienced former conferences with us and believe me, you would have to be there to believe it. It is a far cry from our cold cereal dinners and mundane life of Davis County. We had coders taking us to brunch, cars to drive us where we needed to go and coders who wanted photos but luckily no autographs.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Orlando - Hot, Humid But Fun !
Reed and I spent a very busy few days in Orlando for the National AAPC (American Academy of Professional Coders)Conference. I hadn't been to Orlando since my 4-yr-in- a-row Cheerleading/Drill Team National Championship Days with Ali and Molly. We stayed at the wonderful Gaylord Palms that luckily had a glass dome over the entire facility to keep the heat and humidity out. We stayed in the Presidential Suite and were treated to great service including complimentary breakfast and 5 phone calls each day to see how we were doing. Yes...there were alligators in the Gardens of the hotel; granted they were 2 feet but they were still there and kind of freaked me out thinking about them down there. I noticed the bars of the fencing were close so they couldn't escape but I still thought about them. Reed did a wonderful job on his keynote address and I took advantage of the time to relax, swim in the pool, visit the spa and just enjoy the luxurious accommodations. Only Ali and Rex have experienced former conferences with us and believe me, you would have to be there to believe it. It is a far cry from our cold cereal dinners and mundane life of Davis County. We had coders taking us to brunch, cars to drive us where we needed to go and coders who wanted photos but luckily no autographs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow, that room is awesome! sounds so fun and relaxing...glad you had a great time and Dad, you look so lean in your stage photo...did they put makeup on you before your performance?1? :)
wow! That room is unbelievable! How fun.
This truly looks amazing and sounds heavenly!
That room looks fantastic! Sounds like a lot of fun!
You got to love the HIGH life! Wow that would be hard for me to leave and come home...to reality. The accomodations look amazing! What a great break for you Jue!
Post a Comment