On June 20, 1975, Amby was born. Reed and I were thrilled and amazed with her and we still continue to be today. She has been a great example to our family and a wonderful daughter. In 1998, after her college graduation, she most excitedly passed out her business cards to us and loaded the car with her things and drove to California. As I tearfully watched her drive down the road, I thought to myself,"I give her a year." Well, she proved me wrong and it has been 10 years. The shy little girl who could hardly speak above a whisper had grown up to be such an adventurous spirit. She has so many talents and interests, it's hard to keep up with her. She has always wanted to see and learn about everything. She has such a range of talent. She is a gourmet cook and party planner. She can plan and plant a beautiful garden, be a world traveler and remodel a home. She can also remember old rock stars, new rock stars, enjoy classical and Broadway music. She can create, sew and organize and she can also be a whiz with budgeting numbers. If I were to be on I Want to Be a Millionaire, she would be my first lifeline. I miss her so much and would love to have the day- to -day life connections , but how could I ever be sad when she is away and doing so many wonderful things. She has always taught me much more than I have ever taught her. She is a wonderful wife and mother. She is a phenomenal Primary President and I know her former ward even calls her to do little tasks for them. No one does things with such thoroughness and tenacity as she does. When Ashton had her surgery she handled things so beautifully. She kept things normal for Tenley and was calm and showed great faith. We are so proud of her life and the things she does. We have great respect and admiration for her. Happy Birthday Amby.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Hey Amby...It's Your Birthday !
On June 20, 1975, Amby was born. Reed and I were thrilled and amazed with her and we still continue to be today. She has been a great example to our family and a wonderful daughter. In 1998, after her college graduation, she most excitedly passed out her business cards to us and loaded the car with her things and drove to California. As I tearfully watched her drive down the road, I thought to myself,"I give her a year." Well, she proved me wrong and it has been 10 years. The shy little girl who could hardly speak above a whisper had grown up to be such an adventurous spirit. She has so many talents and interests, it's hard to keep up with her. She has always wanted to see and learn about everything. She has such a range of talent. She is a gourmet cook and party planner. She can plan and plant a beautiful garden, be a world traveler and remodel a home. She can also remember old rock stars, new rock stars, enjoy classical and Broadway music. She can create, sew and organize and she can also be a whiz with budgeting numbers. If I were to be on I Want to Be a Millionaire, she would be my first lifeline. I miss her so much and would love to have the day- to -day life connections , but how could I ever be sad when she is away and doing so many wonderful things. She has always taught me much more than I have ever taught her. She is a wonderful wife and mother. She is a phenomenal Primary President and I know her former ward even calls her to do little tasks for them. No one does things with such thoroughness and tenacity as she does. When Ashton had her surgery she handled things so beautifully. She kept things normal for Tenley and was calm and showed great faith. We are so proud of her life and the things she does. We have great respect and admiration for her. Happy Birthday Amby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
ALL so true! Amby is the most well round person I know! I feel so lucky to have her as a sister! Happy Happy day!
xoxo
Happy Birthday Amby! For your birthday you should start a blog!!!
Very, Very True! Happy birthday Amby. I learn so much from you and am so grateful to be your sister! Hope you have a great day!
good one carly!
Happy Birthday Amby! Have a great day. You deserve it. -Maeve
Wow! Great post Julie. It's pretty amazing but those are all very true about Amby. Happy birthday, can't wait to see you in another week.
Happy Birthday to Amby...this post made me cry! I have always loved Amby! It was so fun to grow up with her and have wonderful memories! When is she in town? I am coming next week for just a few days 25-29th crazy I know but I would love to just stop by (or vice versa) to see Her, Tenley and Ashton!
Happy Birthday Amby! It was fun to have lunch with you and Molly in San Francisco and see your cute daughters, Tenley and Ashton. I can tell you have your hands full! Sounds like you are a great mom and do so many things really well. I would love to see your home, sometime. Come see me next time you are in Utah.
Thank you everyone for the kind words and Mom for the great post! It has been a happy day!!!
Happy Birthday Amby!! What a perfect post, Mom. Amby can pretty much do anything, seriously one of the most competent people I know. Thanks for being a dear sister to me. You are the best!
This is Grandma Glo:
Hi Amby...I remember the day you were born. Grandmpa took the day off until we heard the news. You are a special Granddaughter and I love you very much. Give Tenley and Ashton a hug. I wished I could see you more often.
Love, Glo
Happy birthday, Amby! Congrats on making it this far. Macy is right- 'competent' is the word that describes you best (and no, I don't think you're 'well-round.' Ali, that's just mean.).
See you soon.
Amby, you are an all time favorite of the Johnston clan. We really miss being around you. You have always been special and full of talent. I hope you have a great day and I hope we get to see you this summer!
Happy Birthday Amby! I have always loved to be around you and have thought highly of you! It was such a bonus when I married Micah and could be related to you! :) I hope that you had a wonderful birthday! Let us know when you are in town!
Lisa
Post a Comment