I tagged along with Reed on President's Day weekend for a business trip. He called a few months ago to see if I would like to go to Vermont in February and I said,"I'd rather go to Vermont in June...but I'd love to go." Since one of my New Year's resolutions was to go anywhere I was invited...off we went. We stayed at the Lang House, a very cute Bed and Breakfast in Burlington. A few highlights were:
* Visiting Sharon, Vermont, the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith. We attended church there in a quaint little town and then had a tour at the Visitors Center.
* Driving in the Vermont Mountains to Stowe, a ski resort.
* Going on the Ben and Jerry's Factory Tour (we pretty much were on the Ben and Jerry's Diet during the entire trip)
* We drove for several hours to go on a Covered Bridge...Very Scenic
* We ate at a wonderful Italian Restaurant.
* We saw beautiful Lake Champlain.
* The towns and old buildings were incredibly quaint and beautiful. The old homes were spectacular.
Things I realized while in Vermont:
* I do not own a pair of shoes with enough TREAD to live in Burlington, Vermont
* My coat is not warm enough.
* We aren't really Bed and Breakfast people...staying in an old house with creaky floors (they were kind enough to have ear plugs by the side of the bed), old beds and fancy bathtubs right in your bedroom doesn't compare to a luxurious Hotel. The breakfasts were fabulous, but it felt like we were staying with relatives.
* If you ski out West, you probably would never return to the North East to ski.
* It's more fun to travel with a husband who is well than one who has the flu
All in all, we did have a great trip and can both add another state to our list of "Places Been."
Reed went onto Maine and I flew to New York to spend a day with Ali, where we went to the ballet, had dinner at a little Tai Restaurant and had lunch the next day. It was great to be with her.
4 comments:
lol...great post! You mean you drove a long way just to drive over that bridge...hmm. The thought would never occur to me...sounds like a nice little get-a-way though!
sounds like fun. I realized I forgot to ask you about all of it. You mostly just filled us in on all of your random meetings on the airplane.
Macy
The picture of the bridge was worth the drive, I love it! I love that you made a resolution to go on any trip you were asked...For me you never have to ask me twice...I am there! I love trips! You are asked more frequently though...:)
Glad you came to visit me..even if it was for just one day!
And you do have a coat warm enough for Vermont...that fancy white fur...you just choose not to wear it!
Post a Comment