Sunday, March 9, 2008

1978 Was a Big Year At Our House; 2008 Is A Big Year Too! Macy is 30 !!





Macy is 30 today and it's amazing to think that could be possible. From the little girl with the Shirley Temple personality, to the 11 year old skater who did an interview with Wesley Ruff on TV, to the teenager that always made such great choices, to the fabulous wife and mother she is now, Macy has always been someone who was extraordinary. She is now the most fun wife and mother, the most dedicated person to whatever comes her way and the most loyal friend and family member. I have a lifetime of memories about Macy. Here are a few:

* She came home from Elementary School in the middle of the day...just walked off the playground, because she wanted to.
* Macy wrote a large MOM with chalk on the back of my navy blue suit as I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting; I wore it well for the next two hours.
* I did a late night grocery store run after the kids were asleep in bed and halfway there, Macy jumped out from under a blanket in the back seat.
* She was awarded the most Inspirational Skater Award at the Utah Copper Cup when she was very young.
* She danced with a Special Needs student because no one else would, at Kaysville Jr High's talent show
* She drove the Land Cruiser in Provo with the engine light on for several months until the engine blew out.
* For several years, Reed drove her to the skating rink each morning, laced her skates and bought her a chocolate do-nut.
* She met the most wonderful friends through dance, cheerleading and school.
* At age 13, she was a guest speaker at a Young Women in Excellence Program in Centerville.
* When Amby went to school she went down to the end of the block with her binkie and blanket and waited for her to come off the bus.
* She tried to "ditch" the local police by turning into a neighborhood at a high-speed and when she was caught he didn't ticket her, but went to talk to her dad.
* She was duct taped to a chair for a few hours in the cheer room in the basement of Davis High by two boys.
* She sang "I'm Proud to Be An American" to the 3rd Ward Primary
* She graduated with a degree in English and moved across the country with new husband Ryan to land a job with Senator Hatch and later the Department of Energy.
I could go on and on... It makes me smile just saying her name!

Macy has always been full of surprises and full of life. She is tenacious, smart, personable, dramatic, funny, determined and steadfast...always someone I go to for her point of view. I always knew that she and I would have been friends if we were in the same circle. Better yet, she and I ARE friends and she is my daughter too, which makes it doubly sweet. I see so many of her wonderful qualities in her children. The "sayings of Rex" are things she could have also said and Lucy's little mannerisms are totally Macy. No doubt that Molly will have many traits of her mother as well. They could not be any more blessed to have such a wonderful mother. Your thirties are wonderful years!! We love you, Macy!! Have a Happy, Happy Day !!

16 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Macy...great post mom! Can I just add that she was the inventor of many of Ali and my games. She would always think of things for us to do, we would get so excited and set the whole thing up and then she was always gone for Clean-up. She is so fun and creative...it shows in her mothering and in our relationship. I love that she is always game and has plenty of ideas of fun things to do!

Ty and Holly said...

Happy Birthday Macy! It was fun to read those things about you!

Ali said...

Happy Day Mace! Such a great post mom...love all the memories. I think Rex is exactly Macy..I love it!

I totally remember Macy doing that to us Molls...I remember her teaching us dance and rollerblading routines too..

Bethers said...

I love you Macy! It was so sweet to relive all those memories of you and even some I didn't know! You have a beautiful family and I now know where Rex and Lucy get their spirit and spunk!!!

Macy said...

Wow Mom, thanks. That was a very sweet post, and reminded me of some good and some not so good times. Thanks for the great tributes everyone. You already made my day.

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Macy! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday!

Andrea W. said...

What a great post, Julie. So fun to read all of those, many of which I didn't know. There's just something special about Macy and we love her!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Macy! what a wonderful post, Julie. I didn't see mention of the incident with the orange baracades on 1-15. That's a good one too. Love you Mace.

Amby said...

Happy, happy birthday Macy!! We hope you have a perfect day. Loved reading all the good memories! Thanks for being so many things to me -- sounding board, friend, at times my voice, and most of all my sister! I love you!

Diane Stewart said...

Happy Birthday Macy. Hope you have a great day. I loved reading your Mom's tribute. You're really a great daughter, sister, mom and friend. Have a wonderful day! Love, Diane

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday. I've always been amazed at all the things you did. Your ice skating shows in Bountiful were a treat every year. I can see why your Mom like being your friend, lucky you. Hope you have lots of fun today and throughout the year.

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday Macy! What a fun post to read! I was laughing about the MOM in chalk! Nice one! You are great!

The Back Row Pew said...

Macy, happy birthday. we love you.

Dad

Jo said...

Loved reading that, Julie. A great Mom like you deserves such a daughter!

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Mace! How hilarious is the fact that you were duct taped to a chair in the cheer room for a COUPLE of hours! I am dying, totally something that would happen to me. We hope you had a wonderful day, sorry this is late. xoxo. Carly & Oliver

Johnston Family said...

Happy Birthday Macy! I love the post! I can imagine what a fun cute little girl you were. I was laughing out loud about some of the memories! I hope that you had a wonderful week!