There is a massive Chinese Population in Manchester and many, many students from China study here. Pictured below are the celebrations for Chinese New Year here in Manchester and our own little Chinese New Year's Part-ay at Institute on Thursday Night.
 |
| Lanterns hang on all the trees |
 |
| The Chinese Buffet of Dumplings, Spring Rolls, Ribs, Potato Dish and Won Tons. We also served oranges. |
 |
| Ted and Joe, new members from China, help prepared the food. |
Day Trip To London
Ali came to London for London Fashion Week and I got permission to slip down for the day to see her...I jumped at the chance. I took the 2 hour 11 min train ride down and met her for a day of shopping, eating and tagging along with her on her work assignments. We had a driver that took us wherever we needed to go and we met up with two of her friends, Becky and Eimear for dinner.
 |
It was fun to see Becky and shop with these two for awhile. They do have
great taste. |
 |
| A rare bit of sun coming through on a London Street. |
 |
| It was fun to relax and explore some cute little areas of London |
 |
| Ali's Hotel, the Rosewood.. pretty nice! |
 |
| Fun to be with her for the day! |
 |
I would travel any distance to spend some time
with any of my 4 daughters...glad we could have a day. |
1 comment:
Awesome. Very cool to live the fancy Ali life for a bit. You guys look like you're having fun. I'm hearing lots of kids counting down the next few months. Hope you're not getting too trunky. (but see you soon!)
Post a Comment