The year 2012 came and went...
and I must have been asleep when it came to "blog-writing". I have come to know that this is journal keeping for me and I need to keep it up just for myself and for my family. 2012 was one of our BIGGEST years yet. Here are a few of the major Highlights:
* In May, I went on a big trip to Europe with my college roommates, my Academia friends, Marce Nuttall, Vicki O'Brien and Susan Bednar. We had a wonderful time. It was a once in a lifetime experience. We toured Paris, Brussels, Brugge, Gent, Munich, Salzburg, The Castle Country and Rotenburg. It was a most wonderful trip and most of all so great to spend two weeks with the best ladies and friends who I share history with and love with all my heart. *
I retired from the Davis School District after 21 years of service. I loved teaching, training teachers and being a manager over a department. I loved the people I worked with and miss them everyday. It was strange how this all came about. I knew it was time and that I should retire so other doors in my life would open. I sort of stepped out into the dark and waited for things to happen. It has been an adjustment but I do like the fact that I am much more stress free and that I have more choice in what I do with my time. I made a list of things I should do when I retire and I have yet to even start those projects.
I turned 60 ! Unbelievable! My cute daughters planned and executed the most perfect party including a lovely lunch, a Favorite Thing Table with favors that were my favorites (Red Nail Polish, Altoid Mints, Diet Coke, Movie Popcorn) Fun friends and grandkids were also there. Reed had taken me to Heber on a fun little overnight getaway, so I didn't know a thing about this fun party. But I did have suspicions.
* We had a Stay-Cation here at our home for a week. We had an Olympic Theme, since the summer Olympics were on. We had an Opening Ceremony complete with a Triathlon for the kids (Bicycling, Running and Swimming) We had barbecues, Cherry Hill Day, Deer Valley Summer Concert,and 24th of July Pioneer Party. It was a fun time for all. A change from our usual summer getaway.
* Reed turned 60 and we planned a Surprise party for him. He truly was surprised and had absolutely no idea. Gary Wright took him golfing for the afternoon and when he returned here on Friday night, the house was full of people. I wished I had a picture of his face. We had Costa Vida Buffet, a big golf ball to sign, a licorice bar, a roast by Comedian Johnny Biscuit, An ice cream bar from the BYU Creamery. It was a fun night. Amby and Ali were here as a surprise and also a friend, David Dunn from Nashville.
*Our 11th Grandchild was born. Margaret Rose Pearce was born to Molly and Randy on November 26. What a sweet little girl she is. She is a wonderful addition to the two Pearce boys and little Eleanor. We love her so much.
We did a fair amount of travel. We traveled to Kansas City, Nashville, Jacksonville, Savannah and St Augustine in a ten day period. I really do love the South, especially the people. I also traveled to New York to see Ali and we had Thanksgiving in Carmel with Amby, Tyson and girls. I made a quick trip to Orlando with the AAPC Conference team to check out sites for our Family Vacation coming up in April. Early 2013, we made a trip to Arizona and then a trip to Punta Mita, Mexico. We stayed at the fabulous 4Seasons Resort 45 minutes outside of Porto Vallarta. It was a fun relaxing week.
wonderful memories.
* Our sweet Lucy Rose Bell was baptized the end of September. What a sweet and special girl she is. It was a wonderful, warm morning with our family and a wonderful spirit there. Tenley and Ike will follow in 2013.
* We continue to be amazed by our fun, spirited, talented, bright, sweet and happy grandchildren. We have enjoyed school programs, dance recitals, ball games, creativity, reading and math skills but most of all sweet testimonies growing everyday. They are the light of our life and a blessing to us everyday! They are a major topic of our conversation. We love you, Rex, Lucy, Tenley, Ike, Oliver, Molly June, Ashton, Eleanor,Holland, Elijah and Margaret!! We are trying to keep up with our daughters, son-in-laws and all the joy they bring to our world. It's been a great year !
No comments:
Post a Comment