Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday 2008 Come and Gone












The house is quiet, the kids have gone and the Holiday is over. It has been a great Christmas for us filled with many wonderful memories. A few highlights include:
* Another memorable Christmas Eve Nativity, reflection of the year and seafood dinner
* Rex's 6th Birthday
* Grandchildren ski trip and ice skating venture
* Lego and Wii Night for the boys
* Tea at the Grand America for the girls
* Wonderful New Year's Day Brunch at Aunt Beth's
* Ali's 25th Birthday at Cucina Toscano
* New Year's Eve celebration complete with Wii tournament and Mandarin Food
* Family Sub for Santa participation
* Lots of Grandchildren, skiing trips, games, food and fun

We have loved every minute of the Holiday. We feel a greater love and closer connection to our grandchildren. We feel a greater respect and admiration for our children and the things they are doing in their lives. They handle the pressures of daily life, work, children, family and are putting first things first. We are grateful for all of them and the time we have spent with them.

6 comments:

Ali said...

such a fun two weeks! Thanks for everything!

Bethers said...

Fun times!! I love the picture of your girls. We need to buy Settlers of Cataan with the extention and a WII.

Alicia said...

That is one of the cutest couches I have ever seen!! I am so sad the holidays have come and gone. Back to the grind now. Love your blog, Julie!

Mama Mia said...

What a fun filled holiday! So good to see you and all your family!

GeNee said...

I want to go to the Grand America for tea. I love the bow in your granddaughter's hair. We had a really fun Christmas too! Can't wait to see you again.

love.boxes said...

What cute folksies you have! :)