Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Molly Pew Pearce is 25 !!


Molly is 25 today. Unbelievable !! It's hard to fathom that she is a wife and mother of two children. Coincidentally, when I was 25, I also was a wife and had two children. Not only that, when my mom, Gloria Hall Johnston was 30 years old, she had her third child, me, and when I was 30 years old I had my third child, Molly. There is a definite link in more ways than one. I feel deeply connected to all my daughters and I'm grateful to have the relationship I do with Molly. In many ways she is a "chip off my block" but there are so many things about her that I have a great admiration for. As much as we are alike,there are many things about her that are so unique to her. We couldn't ask for a more wonderful daughter. From day one she has been a girl who has known what she wanted and has absolutely moved FORWARD. From purchasing a dog from the pound with her own money, to taking a job as a nanny in New York, to resigning from the High School Drill team so she could do better things with her time, to the hands on way she and husband, Randy gutted and remodeled their Sugar House home, Molly has and always will be a self starter and a steady force in our family. Whatever she sets her sights on....she will do. Some qualities and words that describe her are:

Bound and Determined
Black and White
Smart !!!
A laugh from the heart (have you ever sat next to her in a comedy ?)
Kind (she even went to the Prom with a Davis High Guy that no one would say "yes" to)
An amazing smile
Incredibly Confident
Easy to please
A good listener


She has grown from that little ballerina, that dared you to look at anyone else on stage,into a wonderful,fun,dedicated wife and mother. She has also grown into a friend...my day doesn't feel complete until I talk to her. Happy Birthday, Molly !! We love you and hope that your 25th year is the best yet !!

7 comments:

Molly said...

Thank you mom! That was so nice. I have had such a great birthday...even already!

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday Molly! It was so fun to read this about you! You deserve a great day!

Dad said...

and this means it was only 24 years ago that I made you go upstairs and get into your crib alone.

Happy birthday, love, Dad

Carly said...

Happy Birthday Molls! We love you! You have always been one of the older cousins that I look up to.

Ali said...

Happy Happy Birthday Molls! Hope you have a wonderful day!

I thought I would add one thought to the list. I admire Molly's decisiveness. I always go to her when I am having trouble deciding on some issue or whatever. She is always lays it out directly and simply. I wish I could be more like that! Love you Molls!

Randy said...

Let it suffice for me to agree with this list, though I could go on and on. Molly is truly remarkable in so many ways and I am so thankful for everything she does for our family. Love you, Molls and happy birthday!

Bethers said...

Molly,
The Johnston Family claims you as one of their own also. From the time you were a baby and all through life you have been so special. We love you.