Today Is Reed's birthday and even though he has been a bit of a silent partner on this blog, I thought he should have a small tribute to his 55 years. He is a great husband, father and grandfather and I appreciate all he does for me and for our family. Here are a few reasons why I'm still sitting on the back row pew with Reed.
* He is one of the most generous men I know. He does so much for all of us.
* He has great perspective...I can't tell you how many times he has predicted something and he has been right
* He has given our children so many "at bats"....opportunities and experiences
* He has the cleanest closet on the face of the planet and I have never picked up one article of his clothing
* He is a very hard worker
* He reads scriptures while he watches golf
* He watches Dancing With the Stars with me
* He lives in Utah because of me
* He loves to eat out at great places
* and if we don't eat out he is happy with a bowl of cereal or a cheese crisp
* He has a wide and varied spectrum of topics he can discuss
* We have a pool in our backyard and he doesn't like to swim
* He makes popcorn on Sunday night
* He doesn't hunt, collect junk or like action movies
* He golfs every Saturday giving me the morning to myself
* He can do a great limp if he wants to embarrass you or park in handicapped parking
* He loves his family...his daughters, his sons in law, his grandchildren and me...not in any particular order.
Have a great day...We love you....Happy Birthday...there will be a cheesecake in the fridge when you get home.
10 comments:
Happy birthday, Reed. I'm happy to echo Julie's comments and thank you for all you do for our family. Have an enjoyable birthday and return home safely. We'll see you soon.
Happy Birthday Dad. Sad you aren't here on your Birthday! I have to agree, He is very generous and is always willing to help me or anyone out. You are always a great resource for knowledge on so many topics and he is very clean...why didn't any of us (maybe ali) get that? Thank you for all the love and support you have shown. We are grateful for all you do and your grandkids truly love you! love, molly
Happy, Happy Birthday, Dad! What a great post Mom....Dad is all of those things, and that is why we love him. I hope you have a great day today, where ever you are. Try and take a moment and relax and enjoy it. Thanks for being so wonderful to our little family. You are a great resource and help for whatever, and would help us with anything we ask. Thank you!
Rex says: I love Pop Pop because he plays sports with me and he is nice and my grandpa.
Lucy says: I love watching a movie with Pop Pop.
Happy Day!!!
Great post, Julie. Those things are all true. I especially enjoy Reed's predictive powers and the breadth of the topics he likes to discuss.
Reed, you're a generous and virtuous man, and it's a privilege to have you for a father in law. And you're a very loving grandpa. too. Happy Birthday!
Hi Reed, Hope you have a great Birthday and can celebrate with your family when you return from wherever you are. We just returned from New York and missed seeing Ali, I guess she is very busy with two jobs now. We are currently in Mt. Pleasant visiting Hardy for Parents Weekend and all is well. Happy Birthday to my OLDER brother. Love, Diane
Yes, I am posting to a blog!! Only for you Dad :) Happy, happy birthday. We feel so blessed to have you as a father/in-law/grandfather. We love you and can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving! Love, Amby, Tyson, Tenley & Ashton
Dad, hope you had a great Birthday! Thank you, thank you for everything you do, I feel so lucky that you are my dad! I love you!
Great post mom! I couldn't agree more with everything you said (except I may have a more organized closet...I've seen his pile of pajamas...)
This post made me cry....honestly...because I began to think about how unselfish Reed is with his family and how much I love to hear his opinion on things. I am opinionated, too, and I love people that express their opinions without fear. He actually wears pajamas????
Bethers
Sorry to arrive late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you make it home before the cake is all gone. Your family is obviously the center of your fan club, for good reason. It was wonderful spending time with Ali in New York last week. The temp has dropped below 90 and golf is great in AZ. Best wishes to another year of family, travel, work, and of course golf (in which ever order you like).
What a wonderful husband you have. Happy Birthday to you, Reed. Your looking good for fifty-five.
Post a Comment