Monday, June 22, 2026

Here Comes the Sun....

 We've had a hot spell then a cool spell, and now a hot spell again. The only place that feels comfortable is in our car with the AC blasted all the way. We have been busy going with the Elder's doing service, (totally out of my comfort zone... carrying buckets to water and burning dead trees.) ..but luckily I found a great friend in Sam Krstic who makes me laugh and loves to swim...they live in a very remote and beautiful place. And they have a swimming pool and because I always have my swim suit with me....I sneak away from the Service Project and do a cannon ball in her pool. It is heated, covered, fully tiled..incredible. And Sam comes and jumps in too. She and her husband Matt are so good and generous with the missionaries. The Missionaries love going there and so do we. I always tell Sam that I wished she lived next door. We also go to a great ward member's home, Nigel Manner.  When Nigel and his wife head to his summer home by the sea we water his plants, pots and trees...It is a huge piece of property. We haul watering cans around and get things watered when it's hot. The Sisters come with us and are a great help. 

  We have also been teaching with the Elders and Sisters and getting to know friends. The cutest Mom named Aoma (prononced Oh-Ma) has a baptismal date coming up. She has two beautiful daughters, drives a Mercedes and loves the things she is learning about the church. We host our missionaries for dinner or just going out and when we have Interviews or district meeting....we provide lunch. They are so excited. We have once again implemented Pancakes with the Pew's and upcoming Pizza with the Pew's with Ward members...we are going to try out several things. Elder Pew was called on to teach Sunday School, last minute yesterday...he's such a great teacher and pulled it off amazingly.  I continue to check in on Sisters that the Relief Society President feels like need a little extra TLC...Being a Missionary is basically ministering....and teaching, and feeding and driving. We also were given "the list" to try to find members that the ward hasn't seen in quite some time. This takes us quite far from Evesham to Chipping Campden, Stowe on the Wold, Broadway....We also slipped over to Bourton on the Water and Daylesford Farm...amazing spots.  

We are on a road trip everyday.  I see beautiful countryside but Reed tries to keep his eyes on the road, and the navigation, and the speedometer, and the dinging and instruction from the Missionary Warning Device...which regularly tells us that we are going too fast, too close to the curb and our favorite..."Agressive Driving"  We feel like we have earned a badge of courage when it tells us that. 

I really love driving here. It's fun and challenging. I love the roundabouts and driving through the little villages. At our senior retreat this last weekend I found out that I am the only Senior Sister who drives...BoooYah!!  

Speaking of Senior Retreat,  all the Senior Couples in the Mission spent the Weekend in Southern Wales this past weekend.  First to Aberystwyth and then to Haversfordwest. Beautiful countryside...more mountains and canyons. We rode up the Funicular and had beautiful views of seaside towns and the Irish Sea. It was fun to be with all these amazing couples who have come to serve...It's like FSY for Seniors. 



















































No comments: