1. The 4-Story Cath Kidston Store on King Street, downtown Manchester.
2. It's hard to find a flat sheet in the UK. They believe in a fitted sheet and a duvet cover. It's very easy to make your bed, just fluff the duvet and go. We picked up some nice comfy sheets.
3. This is CANDY CENTRAL !! They have such yummy candy...real milk chocolate and it seems to be everywhere. No one goes anywhere without candy in their pocket. Unfortunately, we are catching onto this...
4. These blue arrows are everywhere and point out where to drive
... very helpful and needed. We think this would be a good idea in the U.S
5. I love these Black taxi cabs...right out of an old movie. Most cabs look like this.
6. I love bees and I found these in the tile floors at the Town Hall- Love it !
7. We found a restaurant we like called Nandos. Peri Peri chicken is my favorite.
8. Why do I not have a kettle in the states ? This little gem heats water in a flash for anything from hot chocolate to steaming veggies.
9. Beautiful Architecture. Everyone you look, there are beautiful, old and impressive buildings.
10. Everyone in England loves and talks about their "Mum". A good idea to love your "Mum" !!








3 comments:
What's not to like! It sounds so wonderful.
I loved seeing those pictures! That is a cute picture with your Mum!
I love 'being in England' w/you! I so agree w/you about the electric water heating pot! I picked up one myself in UT after several stays with friends in England...it's convenient & sensible. :-) And Nando's is a successful chain in Africa we often eat at. Thanks for sharing your mission!
Post a Comment