Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jacksonville AAPC Conference



June brought the annual AAPC Conference where Reed stepped down as CEO and will now take on other responsibilities for the parent company. Jacksonville will be the last in a long string of interesting places that have taken him (and me, when I was able to go). It has been a great journey for both of us. When Reed was offered this position, I must admit, I was very skeptical. Business Medical was something he didn't have on his resume. But I was dead wrong. It's been the best thing for him personally, professionally and for our family too. The cherry on top for me has been all the places I have traveled to... Seattle, Anaheim, Orlando,New York, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Boston, Vermont, Rhode Island, Pinehurst North Carolina, Palmyra, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, India, (not Indiana), San Diego, the Bahamas, Arizona and Jacksonville...I'm sure I've forgotten a few. I think Reed has been in almost every state. Things I will miss are:
Presidential Suites, Hotel people calling you by name, Desserts brought to you in the afternoon, Johnny Biscuit, Gifts brought to the room, Polite and nice Coders, Hours on end with no responsibility and some quality "ME" time, Seeing Reed do presentations. It's been a fun ride. The AAPC conference team put together a surprise luncheon that included a nice video tribute, awards and a standing ovation from the conference attendees. It will be a great memory for us.

3 comments:

Macy said...

It has been a fun ride for both you. The tribute video was so nice. It is true, this has been high point for you both. Fun times all around, and lots of vip ness that we even got to partake in. loved it.

Molly said...

Your pre-retirement might be more fun than the real thing...you have had some great times with the AAPC.

GeNee said...

And you have that beautiful table from India. I love it. I think your trip to India was so interesting to hear about and I loved all the pictures.