Old friends are the best friends. Not that these friends are old but they have been part of my life for a long, long time; Most of them about 30 years. We all lived in the same ward in Kaysville but most of us have since moved. We have remained close through thick and thin...we have seen each other through raising children and grandchildren, death of parents, moving from Kaysville, illness and lots of adventures. We celebrate birthdays, take little trips, throw showers for our children, have an annual Christmas Party and look forward to every get together. Our memories include, driving a Cadillac to Jackson Hole, shopping trips, a temple trip to Las Vegas, the Bellagio, staying at Bear Lake, Summer trips to Glenwild, eating a salad with a dead mouse in it, jumping in Denise's pool with our clothes on, eating wonderful dinners at a beautiful table prepared by Genee, having our fortunes told by Katherine, the Little Black Sambo Party and I could go on and on. We are all so very different and yet so connected. I don't know what I would do without these ladies. They are truly my sanity.
FYI...we took many pictures and Genee's eyes were closed in all of them.
4 comments:
I hope I always have a close knit group of friends like you have had...you have so many neat memories!
There is nothing a close group of girlfriends. Looks like fun!
Love what you said about us and I love you. Your the happy optimist that I want to be!
Oh, that picture made me homesick to see so many of thses amazing ladies! I am jealous of the close contact you have been able to keep with all of them.
Post a Comment