Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sunset Beach Highlights



















We have now, sadly, returned from our trip to Sunset Beach. It is one of the high points of the year. Reed and I spent 14 days there and the rest of the clan came for the last 7. Thanks to our most generous Sister and Brother In Law, we are able to stay in such a perfect place. We can still hear the ocean waves. Some of the highlights were
* Sandcastle Building (and Hole Building)
* the great game "Koob" on the Beach
* Fireworks courtesy of Sandra Bullock
* Fabulous food
* Family Testimony Meeting
* Talent Show of many interesting talents
* Bonfire and Roasting Marshmallows
* Kid Craft Time
* First Annual Family 12 Mile Relay
* Huntington Beach 4th of July Parade
* Pink Berry
* Ryan and the girl's Massage Day
* Taco Surf
* Disneyland Day
* Early Morning shell gathering

Much more than I cold ever name...

It was a wonderful summer treat and we enjoyed every minute of it.

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Looks so fun! Can't wait to see more!

Molly said...

12 mile relay?? Don't take that away from us..it was 13.1. It really was s ofun adn we are missing it everyday! thanks mom and dad...and Sam and Diane!!

Ryan@dontdodumbthings.com said...

Err, just to clarify, it wasn't Ryan giving massages to the girls.

Ali said...

Thanks so much mOM and Dad! Such a fun week! Some of those pics really should not be publically displayed...

jg said...

Seriously, Julie, can I have your life? Or be live-in help? Love seeing pics of your family. Glad you had such a good time!

Bethers said...

This sounds like a dream trip/tradition! So fun to see the pictures. I love the one with everyone in white.

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

How weird! Lyndzee Ellsworth is a best friend of one of my best friends Sarah Robinson. I just happen to be checking out Lyndzee's blog and who do I see? The Pew's! What a small world! Great pictures!